Starting January 1, 2022 transfer your balance to a Democracy FCU VISA® Credit Card and save!
- 2.79% APR*
- 18 month term
- No transfer fee
A balance transfer is a common tool in money management with the simple goal of helping you save money. You apply for a new card with a lower interest rate or introductory rate than your current card, then you request to transter your balance from that card to the new one. In essence, you're using one credit card to pay off another credit card by getting a lower interest rate.
How it Works
- Apply and get approved for our Democracy FCU credit card with a lower APR* or introductory rate.
- Provide the payee information and account number for the existing credit card to Democracy FCU.
- Indicate the amount vou wish to transfer from the old card to the new card. Typically, balance transfers have caps that are generally the amount of your credit limit.
- Democracy FCU will pay your existing credit card company on your behalf and the balance will be transferred to your new card (We don't have a transfer fee!)
- Continue to make payments to your old credit card company until you receive notification that the balance has been transferred.
- Follow up with us to make sure the balance was transferred successfully.
- Begin paying your new Democracy FCU card by the due date and start enjoying a lower APR* or introductory rate!
Transfer Your Balance
*APR= Annual Percentage Yield. Certain restrictions apply.