back to top
Instant cash with no credit check!

About

History of Democracy FCU

Our Story

Democracy FCU first opened its doors on May 26, 1936 as Social Security Employees Federal Credit Union and then changed to FSA Employees Federal Credit Union in 1946. In 1955, the name changed to HEW Employees Federal Credit Union, and in 1984, ‘employees’ was removed from the name making it HEW Federal Credit Union. As the credit union grew and democratic structure changed, we became Democracy Federal Credit Union on January 1, 2015.

Democracy FCU is owned by the members who have deposited funds into the credit union. We exist to help our members succeed financially. Our earnings are used to offer lower loan rates, competitive investment rates, financial education and exceptional service. Membership is open to those who live, work, worship, go to school and/or do business in Washington, D.C., and parts of Maryland and Northern Virginia.

Mission Statement

Democracy Federal Credit Union is committed to building lasting relationships by exceeding our member's expectations with every interaction, every time, by delivering passionate service with a smile.

Related Products and Services